- B.Tech, Indian Institute of Technology
- M.S., Boston University
- Ph.D., Boston University
Honors and Awards
- NSF CCF SMALL: Optimal sampling and recovery for multilinear signals and systems, PI (2013-2016)
- Center for Information and Systems Engineering (CISE) award, Boston University (2006)
- Recipient, Schlumberger-Doll Research (SDR) Grant (2007-2009)
- Best Thesis Award, Dept. of ECE, Boston University (2009)
- Best Thesis Award, College of Engineering, Boston University (2009)
- Technical foci: Statistical Signal Processing (SSP), Inverse Problems, Compressed Sensing, Information Theory, Convex optimization, Machine learning
- Application areas: SSP algorithms for geophysical signal processing, Compressed Sensing architectures and evaluation, video and Image data acquisition and processing, bioengineering-metabolic networks
- Linear Systems
- Information Theory
- Detection and Estimation Theory
- Aeron, S., & Saligrama, V. (2007). Wireless ad hoc networks: Strategies and scaling laws for the fixed SNR regime. IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, 53(6), 2044-2059.
- Aeron, S., Saligrama, V., & Castanon, D. A. (2008). Efficient sensor management policies for distributed target tracking in multihop sensor networks. IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, 56(6), 2562-2574.
- Aeron, S., Saligrama, V., & Zhao, M. (2010). Information theoretic bounds for compressed sensing. IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, 56(10), 5111-5130.
- Ely, G., & Aeron, S. (2012). Robust hydraulic fracture monitoring (HFM) of multiple time overlapping events using a generalized discrete radon transform. Paper presented at the International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium (IGARSS), 622-625
- Trakimas, M., D'Angelo, R., Aeron, S., Hancock, T., & Sonkusale, S. (2013). A compressed sensing analog-to-information converter with edge-triggered SAR ADC core. IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I: Regular Papers, 60(5), 1135-1148.
- S. Hassoun, E. Ullah, S. Aeron and C. Hopkins, " Decomposing Biochemical Networks Into Elementary Flux Modes Using Graph Traversal", accepted for publication and long talk presentation at ACM international conference on Bioinformatics, Computational Biologu and Biomedical Inforamatics (ACM BCB) 2013, Washington DC, USA.
- G. Ely, S. Aeron, N. Hao and M. Kilmer, "5D and 4D pre-stack seismic data completion using tensor nuclear norm (TNN)", Accepted for presentation at SEG annual meeting 2013, Houston.