- B.S., University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore, Pakistan
- M.S., University of Wisconsin - Madison
- Ph.D., Carnegie Mellon University
- Signal processing
- Sensing in the context of distributed estimation and control algorithms
- Distributed, iterative algorithms in random environments
- Feedback Control Systems
- Network Estimation and Control
- Doostmohammadian, M., & Khan, U. A. (2011). Communication strategies to ensure generic networked observability in multi-agent systems. Paper presented at the Conference Record - Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems and Computers, 1865-1868.
- Ilic, M. D., Xie, L., Khan, U. A., & Moura, J. M. F. (2008). Modeling future cyber-physical energy systems. Paper presented at the IEEE Power and Energy Society 2008 General Meeting: Conversion and Delivery of Electrical Energy in the 21st Century, PES,
- Khan, U. A. (2012). Coordinated randomness in sparse graphs. Paper presented at the 2012 50th Annual Allerton Conference on Communication, Control, and Computing, Allerton 2012, 1729-1733.
- Khan, U. A., Kar, S., & Moura, J. M. F. (2009). Distributed sensor localization in random environments using minimal number of anchor nodes. IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, 57(5), 2000-2016.
- Khan, U. A., & Moura, J. M. F. (2008). Distributing the kalman filter for large-scale systems. IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, 56(10 I), 4919-4935.
- Minden, V. L., Youn, C. C., & Khan, U. A. (2012). A distributed self-clustering algorithm for autonomous multi-agent systems. Paper presented at the 2012 50th Annual Allerton Conference on Communication, Control, and Computing, Allerton 2012, 1445-1448.