Honors and Awards
- Co-PI, SERDP Project-of-the-Year-Award for Environmental Restoration (2012)
- Fellow of the IEEE (2012)
- Member of Electromagnetics Academy, MIT (2005)
- Outstanding Research Award, College of Engineering, Northeastern University (2002)
- Recipient, National Science Foundation CAREER Award (1996-2000).
- Recipient, Air Force Office of Scientific Research Graduate Fellowship (1992-1995)
- Recipient, Schlumberger - Doll Research Fellowship (1991-1992)
- Member, MIT Chapters Tau Beta Pi, Phi Beta Kappa, Eta Kappa Nu Honor Societies
- Physics-based signal and image processing and inverse problems
- Applications explored include medical imaging and image analysis, environmental monitoring and remediation, landmine and unexploded ordnance remediation, and automatic target detection and classification
- Probabilistic Systems Analysis
- Mathematical Methods in Image Processing
- Digital Image Processing
- Inverse Problems
- Dorn, O., Miller, E. L., & Rappaport, C. M. (2000). A shape reconstruction method for electromagnetic tomography using adjoint fields and level sets. Inverse Problems, 16(5), 1119-1156.
- Larusson, F., Anderson, P. G., Rosenberg, E., Kilmer, M. E., Sassaroli, A., Fantini, S., & Miller, E. L. (2013). Parametric estimation of 3d tubular structures for diffuse optical tomography. Biomedical Optics Express, 4(2), 271-286.
- Semerci, O., & Miller, E. L. (2012). A parametric level-set approach to simultaneous object identification and background reconstruction for dual-energy computed tomography. IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, 21(5), 2719-2734.
- Vazquez-Reina, A., Gelbart, M., Huang, D., Lichtman, J., Miller, E., & Pfister, H. (2011). Segmentation fusion for connectomics. Paper presented at the Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision, 177-184.
- Aghasi, A., Kilmer, M., & Miller, E. L. (2011). Parametric level set methods for inverse problems. SIAM Journal on Imaging Sciences, 4(2), 618-650.