- B.S., Boston University
- M.S., Northeastern University
- Ph.D., Northeastern University
Honors and Awards
- IEEE Fellow, 2008
- IEEE Major Educational Innovation Award, November 2010.
- APEX GRAND award for publication excellence for the IEEE.tv Nerd Girls Video 2010.
- 2010 Norm Augustine Award from the National Academies of Engineering and Science
- Anita Borg Institute, “Women of Vision” Award, May 19, 2011.NSF CAREER Award.
- Co-founder of the first Tufts University School of Engineering Start-up company, BA Logix, Inc. based on Dr. Panetta’s intellectual property.
- Image and Signal Processing for Security and Medical Applications
- Modeling and Simulation
- Microprocessor design
- Digital logic and analog circuits
- Digital system testing
- Computer animation
- Agaian, S. S., Panetta, K., & Grigoryan, A. M. (2001). Transform-based image enhancement algorithms with performance measure. IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, 10(3), 367-382.
- Agaian, S. S., Silver, B., & Panetta, K. A. (2007). Transform coefficient histogram-based image enhancement algorithms using contrast entropy. IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, 16(3), 741-758.
- Panetta, K., Zhou, Y., Agaian, S., & Jia, H. (2011). Nonlinear unsharp masking for mammogram enhancement. IEEE Transactions on Information Technology in Biomedicine, 15(6), 918-928.
- Panetta, K. A., Wharton, E. J., & Agaian, S. S. (2008). Human visual system-based image enhancement and logarithmic contrast measure. IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Part B: Cybernetics, 38(1), 174-188.
- Zhou, Y., Panetta, K., Agaian, S., & Chen, C. L. P. (2012). Image encryption using P-fibonacci transform and decomposition. Optics Communications, 285(5), 594-608.