- Ph.D. Stanford University
Honors and Awards
- Associate Editor for the IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications (Feb 2013-)
- Intel Foundation PhD Fellowship, 2004-2005.
- Rambus Corporation Stanford Graduate Fellowship, 2000-2004.
- Australian Institute of Engineers Award for Best final year student, School of Eng., RMIT, 1997.
- Cognitive and cooperative communications
- Energy-efficient communications
- Wireless communications
- Network information theory
- Statistical signal processing
- Convex optimization and applications
- Network Information Theory
- Communications Systems I
- A.A.Al Haija and M. Vu (2013), Rate Maximization for Half-Duplex Multiple Access with Cooperating Transmitters. IEEE Trans. on Communications, to appear.
- Parzysz, F., Vu, M., & Gagnon, F. (2013). Energy minimization for the half-duplex relay channel with decode-forward relaying. IEEE Transactions on Communications, 61(6), 2232-2247
- M. Vu, N. Devroye, and V. Tarokh (2009), On the primary exclusive region in cognitive networks. IEEE Trans. on Wireless Communications 8 (7), 3380-3385
- Vu, M., & Paulraj, A. (2007). MIMO wireless linear precoding. IEEE Signal Processing Magazine, 24(5), 86-105
- Vu, M., & Paulraj, A. (2006). Optimal linear precoders for MIMO wireless correlated channels with nonzero mean in space-time coded systems. IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, 54(6 I), 2318-2332